Kuruvadweep, also known as Kuruva Islands is an unexplored tourist spot in Kerala located in the Wayanad district with rich flora and fauna. There are many less known but incredible tourist places in Kerala and Kuruvadweep is one among them. This destination is a river delta formation on the gorgeous Kabani River blessed with lush evergreen tropical forests. If you are looking for an ideal destination to unwind and relax, it is a great choice for you. Be it a honeymoon or a family vacation, exploring this less known tourist spot in Kerala shall be a mind-blowing experience. Make your trip to Kuruvadweep unforgettable with Kochi Taxi. Visit our website www.KSU.in to get a thorough insight about the tourist attractions in Wayanad.
An Untouched River Island
Kuruvadweep is a 950-acre territory of isolated lands blessed with unique flora and fauna. A trip to this island paradise offers you the fine opportunity to enjoy some rare species of birds, animals, herbs and orchids. It consists of three visible islands filled with eye-catching foliage. It shall be refreshing to watch the rare orchids and wild flowers at this island. The peculiarity of this island is that it is the only island in Kerala that encircled with naturally-filtered water source. It shall be a mind-blowing experience to go for some bamboo rafting across the awe-inspiring Kabini River. Mananthawady, the nearest town is around 17 kilometers away from this astounding island paradise.
Home To Wide Range Of Avian Species
This majestic holiday spot is home to varieties of avian species. In fact, it is a paradise for birdwatchers. You will be able to watch many colorful butterflies also besides some avian species like hornbills and parrots in Kuruvadweep. The rare flora and fauna and the natural beauty make visitors to Kuruvadweep crazy. The nature at this island is picturesque which can be a feast for the eyes of each visitor. The geographical characteristics of this tranquil tourist spot are unique which make it a favorite destination for many nature lovers, birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts from different parts of the world.
Tips To Consider:
- Carry some water and snacks along with you during your trips to Kuruvadweep as there is no shop on this island.
- Carry an umbrella as the walking trails get muddy easily during the rainy season.
- There are very few shelters in this region.
- Follow the instructions of the forest staffs as the whirlpools and strong currents in some of the areas river surrounding the Kuruvadweep make it a dangerous place.
- This destination offers plenty of chances for swimming. So, try to carry bath towels and swimwear.
- Wear life jackets during boating for safety reasons.
- Limit the use of plastic and do not throw it in the island.
Nearest Airport: Kozhikode International Airport (120 Kms)
Nearest Railway Station: Kozhikode (120 Kms)